Bridget Kelly J.D., M.S.
Bridget Kelly graduated magna cum laude Harvard College in Cambridge, Massachusetts with a bachelor’s degree in Linguistics. She earned her Master of Science degree in speech-language pathology through Vanderbilt University’s medical school, and practiced as a clinical speech-language pathologist at various hospitals and medical facilities along the east coast and in the United Kingdom. Having also lived in Alaska and Hawaii, Bridget settled in fabulous Las Vegas and graduated cum laude from UNLV’s William S. Boyd School of Law. With a focus on healthcare, Bridget practices primarily in corporate and administrative law, including corporate formation and structure; mergers and acquisitions; contract drafting and review; employment negotiations; and Stark Law, Antikickback statute, and HIPAA compliance issues.
Bridget has represented clients before numerous licensing and certification boards, including the Nevada State Boards of Medical Examiners, Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Dental Examiners, Optometry, Physical Therapy, and the national Behavior Analysts Certification Board. She has also represented employers before the Nevada Office of the Labor Commissioner, the Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR), the Nevada Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Bridget has defended clients under investigation by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Medicare, and Nevada Medicaid. She has assisted individuals, agencies, and medical facilities with provider enrollment and change of ownership (CHOW) applications, third-party administrator (TPA) applications, utilization review (UR) applications, and laboratory licensing issues. She has also participated in the reconsideration, appeal, and fair hearing processes for medical staff membership and clinical privileges, Medicaid, and CMS.
Bridget is a member of the American Health Law Association and the Clark County Bar Association. She is fluent in Spanish, proficient in French, an accomplished vocalist, and avid home chef.
PRESENTATIONS AND ARTICLES
- “Patients v. Profits: Balancing Competing Interests in Physician Non-compete Agreements,” co-authored with Matthew T. Dushoff, Esq., originally published in the “Health Care Law” issue of Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association (March 2021).
- “Don’t Learn the Hard Way: Professional Legal Issues for Physicians,” presentation for the Clark County Medical Society Residency Career Fair: Searching for a Job After Residency, December 2020.
- “Nevada Prohibits Pre-Employment Discrimination for Marijuana Use,” originally published in the “Cannabis Law” issue of Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association (April 2020).
- “Negotiating Employment Agreements for Physician Assistants,” annual presentation at Touro University Nevada, 2016-2019.
- “Physician Assistant Licensing and Discipline,” annual presentation at Touro University Nevada, 2016-2019.
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Arizona